• Home
  • Home
  • Home

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Herbed Chicken

Posted by Jennifer Bertotti


Source:  Recipezaar
 

This is great if you need a fast meal, and you most likely have all of the ingredients on hand.  I keep a bottle of Pinot Grigio on hand for the white wine since I think it tastes better than the cooking wine, but I'm sure it's fine with cooking wine too.

I baked it for 30 minutes and then my husband grilled it for the last 5 minutes ... we had to add more wine in the pan because the sauce started to reduce in the pan.


Ingredients
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/3 cup white wine
  • 4-6 chicken breasts 

Directions

  • Combine all ingredients except the chicken in a large Ziploc bag and mix.
  • When all ingredients are well combined, add chicken breasts.
  • Marinate in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes, no longer then that.
  • When ready to cook, brush BBQ with oil and cook chicken until no longer pink inside.
  • Throw out the Ziploc bag and marinade.
  • Serve over pasta with a red sauce or on it’s own with a salad.

1 comment:

Jeanne B said...

I tried this last night and Beau and I both agree that it was sooooo good. I put the oven on 375 and cooked for 35 min. I didn't make pasta, just a baked potato and green beans. Soooo yummy!

 
Website Templates by Body Fat Caliper, Christmas Dress